So today is the day, Tacey has decided that she is going to use the potty. She has been bugging me about it for a month or so but I haven't done much about it. Mostly because I am not ready. The few times before I put her on the toilet she just sat there for a few moments and did nothing and wanted down. It was a game for her. But today she asked to go on the potty so I put her on there and she wouldn't get down. She was on there for over 20 minutes, I kept asking her if she wanted down and she told me no, and kept asking me to leave the room. She wasn't getting down till she went to the bathroom. Finally she went "pee pee on the potty" and she was so proud ( and so was I). I gave her a treat and then had to go to the store to buy potty training stuff, I had nothing. So I guess we will have to see what happens from here. The truth is I have no idea what to do or how to do this. Wish me luck!!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good luck! Potty training is so hard...my advice to you is to stay consistent...don't let her wear a diaper SOMETIMES and not other (besides to sleep) but my rule is once we are potty training..if they are awake they are in underwear! Also, just don't get too frustrated and don't force the issue too much!
For my kids, I buy LOTS of their favorite drink and let them drink it ALL day. I set a timer for evey 10 minutes and they HAVE to sit on the toilet when it beeps. If you're giving them enough juice, they'll probably have to go about every other time. Set aside a whole day to be home and do this. Before the afternoon, she'll start to recognize when she has that "feeling". It always works for us...good luck! (1 M&M for pee...2 for poop)
That is so hard. We are working on it with Carter too. He is not catching on very well. I do the same thing as Kaylani, but I have done 30 mins and have had accidents so maybe I should move the time up a little.
That is so hard. We are working on it with Carter too. He is not catching on very well. I do the same thing as Kaylani, but I have done 30 mins and have had accidents so maybe I should move the time up a little.
That is so hard. We are working on it with Carter too. He is not catching on very well. I do the same thing as Kaylani, but I have done 30 mins and have had accidents so maybe I should move the time up a little.
HMMM. I don't envy you. It seems like Kaylani has a pretty good idea. Hopefully it will work. It sounds like Tacey wants to do it so that is a bonus!!
Post a Comment