Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Triathlon

Over the weekend Clint did his 1st triathlon. He did a great job. He finished 5th place in his division and only missed being on the podium by 50 seconds. He ended up 36th place over all, and their were 433 participants. He finished the triathlon in 1 hour and 5 minutes.

1st they had to swim 400 meters

2nd they biked 10 miles



Last they ran 3 miles

Next triathlon is in Phoenix on Thanksgiving Day!

11 comments:

OurHappyFamily said...

Yeah... Go Clint!!! Can I say AMAZING for his first one! He is a born natural I guess.

I'm jealous! I just started working out again since the baby (HA) and a mini tri is on the top of my goal list!!! Tips???

Your kids looked darling on Halloween!

Becca said...

Wow great job Clint!! Wish I was in shape enough to do that. Maybe someday

Kaylani said...

That's great! Jake was sooo close to joining him...maybe next time! I love all the updates. Your kids looked so cute on Halloween and that Tacey is a crack up! Any possibility that her dad put her up to that one? Oh! I have some really cute pictures of Cash from the party too that I need to send you. Maybe later...

Colburns said...

Congrats to Clint Great job! I have always wanted to do one of those but I am not a good swimmer!

Kyle said...

Go Clint! Benson has totally been into Triatholons for the last 2 years! We should have them do the same one...so we can hang out on the sidelines :)

Christen & Aaron said...

That is awsome!! Please tell me you give him a hard time when he is wearing his spandex!!!

Sara Hollobaugh said...

CONGRATS Clint!! That is AWESOME!!

cece said...

Oh my gosh... fabulous finish Clint! Congrats and impressed you already have your second race lined up while your hot ;). You know you probably would have shaved off some time had you shaved the legs (grin) - perhaps for the Thanksgiving race?

Lastly - nice blue. No doubt helped the family pick you out of the crowd - tee hee. Seriously though, we here are impressed, congrats again and look forward to hearing about the next one.

Rushele said...

That's a pretty sexy picture of him running with his bike!!
Has he always been into this sort of thing? I never knew that about him!
That's awesome that he did so well, and that he did it at all!!
Congrats Clint!!!
I know someone in my ward that did this triathalon last weekend and said it was pretty tiring. Crazy stuff!

Kendi said...

Wow! That is pretty impressive! Way to go Clint... and Emily for sporting the camera!

Kendi

Jennie said...

Way to go Clint!!!