Monday, June 30, 2008

Catching Frogs

Tonight Tacey was begging me to go outside with her uncle's and play. It is really nice at night time at my house, I live farther out (in the country on a dirt road!!) so it cools off in the evenings. But because of where I live sometimes I get to deal with the "natural habitat". So here is the weird part, at my house in the summer at night we get frogs. They aren't much of a nuisance, in fact they are nice to have around because they eat lots of the bugs we don't want around. But still it was something I had to get used to. I think it is really weird, I have no idea where they come from and I never see them during the day, but as soon as the sun goes down they are everywhere and not afraid to come on the front and back porch and they aren't scared of people. The first time I went outside at night and saw frogs I just about had a heart attack. So tonight Spencer and Stratton (the twins as we call them!) thought it would be fun to see if Tacey would hold one. To my surprise she loved it and wasn't scared at all. She just kept picking them up and laughing. I am sure that thanks to the twins she is going to be begging me every night to go outside and catch frogs.







7 comments:

Kyle said...

Erin says....that these frogs are poisonous...and she wants you to check it out..(I don't know if I believe her..but I am relaying the message)
I love the pics though!

Christen & Aaron said...

Oh my GOSH!! I love that kid!!! She is one crazy girl!!!

The Hall Family said...

The can make you sick, but only if you lick them!! Especially for cats and dogs.

Rushele said...

She is so stinkin adorable!!
And I have to say that given the aunts and ucles she's got on Clint's side I'm not surprised at all to see that she had fun catching frogs!!
I, on the other hand probably wouldn't want to be touching them.
Kids are so cute!!

Sara Hollobaugh said...

I am surpirised that they did not cook them up and feed them to her too!! You could have a fancy dinner!! I do not like frogs. For some reason when I hear them at night it creeps me out.

Brittany said...

Her cute little face holding those yucky frogs is so funny! My boys are very jealous. Now they want to catch frogs. ha ha ha

Nunes Family said...

Oh my goodness! I would pro. freak out, what a cute litte girl you have there.